MOD EDIT: These posts have been moved in from a locked thread.
[quote=EsmeCullen416][quote=TeamJacob][quote=poohbar][quote=TeamJacob][quote=EsmeCullen416][quote="troismommy":2wcumiv1][quote="faithnhopeluvedward":2wcumiv1][quote="twintch":2wcumiv1][quote="EsmeCullen416":2wcumiv1]Okay, my daughter is having a TWILIGHT themed birthday party fr her 14ty birthday, and i would really, really, appreciate soem help!! I need some ideas on what to do for decorations, activites/games, goody-bags, and a crafts for ages 14+....
Now, the most important three of these things are:
THE GOODY-BAGS (Most Important)
THE DECORATIONS (Also Very Important)
THE ACTIVITIES/GAMES (I mean, I need to have something to occupy the ppl)
PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME!![/quote]
For our Breaking Dawn party we had a trivia game, that was fun. Give out prizes.
My neighbor brought over Bella bracelets she made. They were not too hard to make, she beaded the area above the heart, and wolf charms, made them dangling and more fun. She also brought me a little red chevy truck, it was exactly like Bella's and added that to my bracelet. They could make their own. You could do games for other charms like the motorcycle charm, etc...
you could use Black, white and red for colors. Especially the Eclipse ribbons. You could have games that involve apples.
You could do press on nails and paint them, though they may be too old for that.
You could do a game to see who is most like each character in the books. Who is most like Alice, Bella, Leah etc....by them answering questions. I knw there are some on the net you could copy.
Red punch of course, with red ice cubes. Make chokers with the ribbon from Eclipse.
You could put some snacks out in doggy dishes, represent Jacob there a bit.
Do an Alice makeover on everyone.
You could get that stretchy plastic string and everyone could make a ring with small gems that represent the eye colors that Edward goes through.
And, if you thought they would receive it well, could put plastic fangs in the bags even though the vamps don't really have those.
Give away a CD of Claire De Lune. Or Withering Heights, or any Jane Austin book or DVD.
Have matchbox car races with little sports cars, try and find some in the right colors, silver, yellow, etc...
They could make their own Team Edward or Team Jacob shirts, they are some great paints that are really inexpensive. I made t-shirts for our party and everyone wears them all the time.
They could play charades and pretend to be a character or do a scene that everyone picks, or pictionary. You could make up a twilight pictionary game or bingo. Again, look to the net!
Hope this helps, I love parties![/quote]
Thank you so much for your ideas. My daughter wants to have a Twilight party for her 10th b-day and I was struggling thinking of things to do. The problem is that I don't know how many of her friends have actually read the books. Now that school has started, of course she is spreading the word trying to get everyone to read them, but not sure if any of them will have read them before the party. Any other suggestions would be helpful. I'm currently trying to get ahold of some movie posters to use as decorations and I'm sure we can come up with more decorations. This will be so much fun. Her birthday is in October so I will definitely let you all know how it turns out.[/quote]
Those are all GREAT ideas![/quote]
Wow, thanx so much, those are some aweosme ideas!! you definetley made my life easier, lol.
Are there any other ideas on what to put in the goody-bags (i asked my daughter about the fangs and she almost threw a book at me, but not twilight of coarse, more like the websters college dictrionary, lol), ya, cause the Goody-bags are what I'm really having troube with, and I dont want to spend, like $50 per bag, cause thats kinda expenseive, if you know wat i mean, lol.[/quote]
I can tell you what I put in the gift bags for my midnight release party:
1. CafePress.com is your friend. If you go and look up "Twilight" you can find lots of cute images. I found one I liked and then ordered buttons with that image on it. You can buy buttons, mini-buttons, and magnets in bulk for a fairly reasonable price - especially if you don't have a ton of gift bags to do. I got buttons with this image on it:
Note: Before you order from cafe press google for "Cafe press coupon" you should be able to at least find one for $5 off.
2. Body Glitter. I got some roll on body glitter and then I made my own labels that said "Real Vampires Sparkle" that I put over the original label.
3. A set of four twilight themed bookmarks. As long as they're just for personal use you could get some photo quality paper and print out some of these really cute bookmarks I found on deviant art:
[url="http://jigokuneko.deviantart.com/art/twilight-bookmarks-76992699"]http://jigokuneko.deviantart.com/art/tw ... s-76992699[/url]
http://jigokuneko.deviantart.com/art/tw ... 2-94303026
4. A set of four twilight themed bookplates (different design than the other) I can't find the ones I used. But I also printed out mine on label paper so this only cost me the price of the label paper (which is a little pricey). I see the thread where I asked EddiesMine to draw me some:
http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.or ... t6392.html
However, the images she put up have been taken down. Maybe if you pm she can send you the picture. You just print those out. It's easy.
5. A little bag inside that represent Jacob. Inside it was Eclipse Cinnamon Inferno gum, conversation sweet hearts, and two wax soda candies. Thelittle bag itself had conversation sweet hearts on it and then I tied ribbon to each bag with a little cut out that had a cute Jacob quote on it.
6. A small bag of gummy bears with an adorable tag that reads, "Well, it's no irritable grizzly."
7. Twilight Lips Chapstick Even though they had a bulk price, it was still too pricey for me to include in my bags. I really wanted to put them in though! If you wanted to put in a little bag that represented Edward, you could include one of these, some Eclipse Midnight Cool (or Polar Ice) gum, and those chocolate ball candies where the wrapper looks like a baseball.
8. Ghirardelli Twilight Delight Chocolate bars!
9. I bought some temporary tattoo paper and then printed out my own temp tatts. I just did Be Safe and put one of each of the temp tatts in a bag. Here's the thread where I asked for image ideas and other people gave me some great ideas. In that thread is also a link to where I bought the paper and such. If you use the paper I did, then be aware that they go on more like clear stickers than the temporary tattoos that you might be used to.
Jaeven Star has even better images that she used and posted in this thread for her temp tatts.
10. I also added some stickers and a button I got free from the publisher. If you go and look through the Vampire Apparel and Decor a lot of Twilight Moms have Etsy shops with Twilight themed merchandise that'd be cute for gift bags.
For games, I did Twilight Bingo (I can send you the game boards - another Twilight mom came up with them), Twilight Pictionary (again I can send you the file another Twilight Mom came up with things to draw), Alice's Fortune Telling Booth, Twilight Family Feud (worth too much trouble I believe - took me hours to do the game boards for this), and Drive Like A Cullen (which was just Mario Cart! I think others did little remote control cars though).[/quote:2wcumiv1]
How cool of you to share all these awesome ideas!! Thank you![/quote:2wcumiv1]
More Activity Ideas:
These came from Twilight Lexicon. I liked them but ultimately didn't have time or room to do them:
1. A James Scavenger Hunt: Hide pictures of Kristen Stewart all over in envelopes. They'll be worth let's say 10 points. You have to wait to open the envelope until the 10 minutes are up. If you get the ONE Edward (our Robbie) picture, you automatically lose. If you get another Cullen member, you subtract five points per Cullen.
2. Bella Grace Competition: See who can walk the furthest (make it an obstacle course!) while balancing a book on their head.
3. Tug of War between Team Edward & Team Jacob
Other ideas for Door Prizes/Game Winners/Gift Ideas:
1. A Pocket Mirror with a Black Apple design on it. This girl with the apple made me think of Bella listening to her headphones
2. I did a Twilight Movie Themed Gift bag that had a Twilight Movie Poster, a gift certificate to the local movie theater (presumably to see Twilight), and aTicket Scrapbook.
3. I also did an Apple Themed Gift bag that had an Apple iPod shuffle ($50) with La Tua Cantante engraved on the back, a sign from Signs & Salvage (on Etsy - they're one of the Twi Moms Vendor of Month) with an apple and "Smitten" on it, a necklace with an apple charm. I really liked this one from Day Lab but there's tons out there.
4. I also did Team Jacob & Team Edward themed gift bags as well. I bought a bracelet for each team from Selle, another Twilight Mom. Plus, she does themed earrings as well (little motorcycles for Jacob - they were great!) Then for the Team Edward one I had a stuffed lamb & lion as well - in addition to other things.
5. I almost forgot my last themed bag was a Forks themed bag - it had a necklace with an umbrella on it, a tote bag with a "All I need To Know I Learned in Forks" that I bought from cafepress, andthis really cool umbrella from Think Geek (in red).
You wouldn't have to do themed bags but I thought mine might have included something that would make for a good gift idea or prize winner.
I hope your party turns out well![/quote:2wcumiv1]
Wow, even more vamp-tastic ideas!! I am definetley gunna use the themed bags idea for prizes!! Thanks soo much!![/quote:2wcumiv1]